We made it to our 1st Anniversary!!! In honor of our special day we wanted to honor one of the people who helped us make it happen!
The two questions we are always asked when discussing Gold Dust are…where do you store everything (that’s a story for another day) and how did you get started? The # 1 reason we started is because of our wedding industry momma, Lucia Bitnar with Foster Blue. Everyone who knows Lucia knows she has the sweetest way about her and can gently nudge you toward what’s best for you! She talked us into doing the May 2012 Professional Wedding Guild Luncheon, which launched our Gold Dust Vintage business. Last week we set up at the May 2013 Professional Wedding Guild Luncheon, which definitely made us nostalgic about the past year.
We would like to thank our family, friends and all our wedding industry peeps that have helped us throughout the year.
Here is a little interview with Lucia so that all of you can get to know her better and check out the recent photo shoot that Lucia planned–proof of her amazing work! We hope to keep this segment going in the future months with different wedding vendors for you to get to know a little bit more!
• What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
I love canoeing, camping, backpacking, hiking and outdoor weddings!
• What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
I just love the simplicity of summer!
• What sound do you love?
The laughter of my husband and children!
• If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for?
Just a dinner party to enjoy the fellowship with my friends and family. Just to celebrate friendship!
• If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
I would have to say that I wouldn’t want to stay a certain age. If you don’t age, how do you continue on the road to small and amazing moments. I feel that it is the small everyday little moments that build your memories.
• If you knew the world was ending in 2012, what would you do differently? Nothing, I am doing what I want to do now: worshiping the Lord, enjoying my family and working with amazing brides and their families and giving back to the community.
• Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
This has happened many a times. You learn as you go through life, that it isn’t your plan but the Lord’s plan! And he has the right one for you! You just have to keep the faith, be a humble servant and discern which is his plan.
• What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to?
I would say that I get to go to a lot of best parties! As a wedding planner,It is so moving to be a part of a couples wedding day! We get to know them and their families and we get a front row to sharing in one of their most important days. There is always such emotions on that day.
• At what age did you become an adult?
I’m still working on this! I always feel like I’m the biggest kid there is! I love the wonderment of how amazing everyday will be! Oh the possibilities there are in everyday! God is Good, Everyday!